#1 | Layerless Thinking
Explains how layers are used (or not used) in Illustrator. Download project file here.
Complete exercise and save as follows:2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_LayerlwaaThinking
#2 | Locking & Hiding
Let’s look at manipulating groups by locking and hiding. DOWNLOAD the source file here.
Complete exercise and save as follows: 2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_LockingHiding
#3 | THE ALIGN PALETTE
Complete exercise and save as follows: 2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_AlignPalette
#4 | PATHFINDER PALETTE
Complete exercise and save as follows: 2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_PathFinderPalette
#5 | THE TYPE PALETTE
Complete exercise and save as follows: 2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_TypePalette
#6 | THE STROKE PALETTE
Complete exercise and save as follows: 2015.3.30_Last Name_First Name_StrokePalette (Change the colors, etc. Personalize it.)
HOMEWORK | WEEK 10 | Due 4.6.15
- Homework 1: Complete ALL in-class tutorials. Upload them to Flickr, copy the embed code and paste in your homework blog post. EACH image posted should have the title above it and should link back to Flickr. Be sure to label each one.
- #1 | Layerless Thinking
- #2 | Locking & Hiding
- #3 | THE ALIGN PALETTE
- #4 | PATHFINDER PALETTE
- #5 | THE TYPE PALETTE
- #6 | THE STROKE PALETTE
- Homework 2: Complete your RESEARCH for project 1 – add FIVE more links in Delicious from your research and inspiration for your project idea. THIS WILL MAKE A TOTAL OF TEN. Tag it with the additional tag: Illustrator Project 1. Make sure you add your comments in the COMMENT section on what inspired you, what design aesthetics you might use, etc.
- Homework 3: List the NAME of your project and if you’re going to be creating a CD or DVD.
- Homework 4: Hand draw your high fidelity iterations (color) of your front and back covers, spine and logo. Upload to Flickr and copy embed code and add to your Illustrator page.
- Homework 5: Using Illustrator, create your first iterations (color) of your front and back covers, spine and logo. Upload to Flickr and copy embed code and add to your Illustrator page.
- Homework 6: On your del.icio.us account tag three Web Sites that focus on Illustrator, and write a note in the Delicious comments section about why you think each one would be a good resource for this class. ALSO, add week 10 in your comments section so that I can keep track of your comments. *Make sure you also add the tag: interactivemediaramapo2015 AS WELL AS add additional tags.
- Homework 8: Project 1The following are due for Monday.
- Research 1 (should be already completed)
- Research 2
- Sketch Round 1 (doodling) (should be already completed)
- Sketch Low Fidelity (pencil) (should be already completed)
- Sketch High Fidelity (pencil and colored markers)
- Logo Iteration 1 (should be already completed)
- Logo Iteration 2
- Cover Iteration 1 | USING ILLUSTRATOR
- Cover Iteration 2
- Back Cover Iteration 1 | USING ILLUSTRATOR
- Spine Iteration 1 | USING ILLUSTRATOR
- Homework 9 | Project I | DELIVERABLES
Your entire project should be finalized and drawn in Illustrator. Your front, back and spine designed and completed in color, all materials including your inspiration, research, .jpgs/.pngs, .ai files, your Word document and your final design saved as a PDF. Everything should be burned to your CD/DVD burned, all items placed in your CD/DVD case including writing your name, date and project title on the CD/DVD. Final project due on Week 12 AT THE BEGINNING OF CLASS.
Items That Must Be Physically Turned In On Week 12 at the START of class:
- Your designs PRINTED AND inserted into the cd/dvd case.
- A link to Project 1 posted on the class website
- Adobe Illustrator Project I: Written Description, on your website, printed out and uploaded to DropBox.
- All .ai, .jpg and .doc files uploaded to DropBox.
- Create a folder that you upload to DropBox titled as follows:
Date_Last name_First name_Illustrator Project 1 Upload all your project files there.