Small group and large group critiques
FINAL PROJECT – DUE WEDNESDAY OF EXAM WEEK
FINAL PROJECT: InDesign 12 Page Booklet
- Research & inspirations (must include a minimum of TEN annual reports or booklets for inspiration pinned on your Pinterest Board), hand drawn wireframes due on Wednesday | Week 14.
- Photoshop wire frames of ALL your pages AND first layout iteration due on Wednesday | Week 14. (12.3.14)
- Project due on 12.17.14
December 10: NO CLASS – Wednesday designated as Friday
December 17: FINAL PROJECT DUE
Create Alternate Layouts With the Same Content Using Adobe InDesign CS6
Use your cover page design when completing this tutorial.
HOMEWORK | WEEK 13
***NOTE: Save your files three ways***
First – File > Save as and use the .indd extension.
Second – File > Package
Third – File > Export save as a .JPG
Then, open the .JPG in Photoshop and check the image size. Make sure it’s at 72dpi and the color mode is RGB.
Create a folder on your DropBox called InDesign_Week 13 | Wednesday and place all your InDesign files.
Upload finished files to your blog AND to your Flickr feed.
- Complete the tutorial
- WIREFRAMES – Update you wireframes to show the changes you made after Wednesday’s critique.
- INDESIGN LAYOUTS – All 12 pages, fully designed with text and images are due for class critique.
- CRITIQUE – A homework blog posting, minimum 200 words, critique of your assigned classmates project. Be sure to address the following:
- —center of interest
- —eye movement
- —other means your classmate employed to show how the your document communicates it’s message and its overall look.
- Address specific InDesign techniques used to achieve their desired result.
FINAL PROJECT – DUE ON WEDNESDAY OF EXAM WEEK
- PRINTING – Your annual report must be printed in booklet form, trimmed, and stapled.
- INSPIRATION – A minimum of 10 PINS on your board.(Pinterest)
- RESEARCH – A minimum of 5 references along with explanations.(Delicious)
- LOW FIDELITY – Hand-drawn designed pages.
- WIREFRAMES – Photoshop Wireframes need to reflect your final booklet.
- INDESIGN LAYOUTS – All 12 pages, fully designed with text and images.
- DROPBOX LINK I – FOLDER should be titled InDesign Project: All files including your packaged InDesign project and a pdf of your project.
- WORD DOCUMENT– 600 word written project description.